14 June 2013

Guess the Function Winner

     And now, ladies and gentlemen . . . the winner . . . of Guess the Function . . .

*Trumpet fanfare*

Noreen!

Here's her function for the examples I gave:

Here's what I came up with

If the last name contains double letters assign to Green

If the last name ends with "e" then assign to Red

If the last name follows neither function then assign to Orange


The only problem with this is where she says: "follows neither function."  Actually, Noreen, this is all just one function. :)  I think a better way to put that would be: "follows neither rule."  And now, as the band strikes up "The Throne Room" from Star Wars, I present Noreen with an imaginary laurel wreath.

You may have noticed that she received a laurel wreath, not a trophy; the reason being that her function was not the same one I was thinking of.  Here's my own function for these examples:  If the person's last name has five letters, assign them to Red.  If their last name has six letters, assign them to Orange.  And if their last name has a different number of letters than five or six, assign them to Green. :)

I apologize that it's taken me so long to post the winner of Guess the Function.  I'll try to do better next time!



4 comments:

  1. *dawns black v-neck shirt and 70's yellow leather jacket. Marches dramatically into room followed by wookie. Bows incredibly dramatically and excepts laurel wreath* Thank you.

    P.S. this would now make you the one with impressive hair;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The one with the impressive hair"...hm...I think I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can have impressive hair (e.g. when you take off your hat) most of the time it's just awesome though;)

    ReplyDelete