15 June 2013

A Thought-provoking Quote

     It's been awhile since I posted a quote, so I suppose it's time I did so.  I'm doing an essay on communism in Russia for school, and as I was doing so, I came across this quote by Vladimir Lenin.
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

I think this is really a very frightening quote, because of the truth in it. And yet, it's not entirely true; the lie seems to become the truth, and yet it remains a lie. It is believed to be a truth, but that will never change the fact that it is a lie, and cannot be otherwise. This, I think, is one of the sad truths of communism. The people are told lies over and over again, until the lies become truths in their minds. And then they keep on blindly believing in the lies that have been masked as truths. It's a sinister, and grim, and contemptible thing.

2 comments: